Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS)

I'm posting a link from an article I read on Daily Mail online a few months ago all about a chemical called sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS). It is commonly used in skin care products as a detergent. It has been proven to thin and damage the skin when used over long periods of time. I often wondered why I was reacting to products that were designed for eczema when I realised that SLS was the common ingredient! Always be careful of any product thats causes stinging or burning when you apply it because it may be causing more harm than good! :( The only cream I dont react to so far that contains SLS is Epiderm, but I only use that if really really necessary!

Check out the link below and let me know if you've had any problems with products that contain SLS

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1321559/Moisturiser-aqueous-cream-BP-cream-make-eczema-worse.html

Jennifer x

No comments:

Post a Comment