Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Eczema

So for as long as I can remember i have been tormented with problematic skin, especially on my body. Now my case is by no means a serious one but as anyone with eczema will tell you, the smallest patch can play havoc on your physical and emotional well being!

Below is a definition of eczema taken from wikipedia to give ye an idea of what it is.

"The term eczema is broadly applied to a range of persistent skin conditions. These include dryness and recurring skin rashes that are characterized by one or more of these symptoms: redness, skin edema (swelling), itching and dryness, crusting, flaking, blistering, cracking, oozing, or bleeding. Areas of temporary skin discoloration may appear and are sometimes due to healed injuries. Scratching open a healing lesion may result in scarring and may enlarge the rash."

Sounds lovely doesn't it?? lol

Anyway my skin is left permanently discoloured in some areas and can become very dry and flakey. Simple things such as showering and hair removal can become a daily battle if the wrong product is used. My skin will react within seconds to a product if my skin doesn't like it! Mind you this has its benefits as I know straight away whether to keep using a product or not. I am blessed that my face is not as sensitive or dry as my body as it is the part of your body that is most visible.

I hope to be able to post reviews of skin products on this blog and hopefully share thoughts and ideas with people and fellow sufferers!! I will post pics and updates of my skin as I try out different products!

Any questions or ideas etc just post em below
Thanks

Jennifer x

2 comments:

  1. I get eczema on my legs, horrible! I look forward to your reviews :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. its so frustrating isnt it! if you want me to review anything in particular just let me know! x

    ReplyDelete